Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Album for Richard

I made Richard an album for father's day. He was really surprised that I actually made one for him since I have only been making them for other people so far.
It was a no brainer to do a comic book theme album.
This is a chipboard album. Most people ask about what kind of material it is. Sortof like a kids board book. I purchased it at a scrapbook store. Unfortunately Hobby Lobby does not carry these (or atleast not to my knowledge).
The front cover was inspired by the old style comic books. With the small pic in the corner with the date underneath. I was going to do some sort of VOL 1 in the top right corner and while looking at some comic book covers saw a Superman comic with the big #1 with starburst and I instantly new that would be perfect and would make it look like #1 Super Dad. The Super Dad is a black glitter chipboard letters.
I purchased a spiderman kit and mainly just used the blue web and the white/blue comic paper. Along with star/patriotic type paper. I didn't want to go overboard on a specific superhero, even though spiderman is his favorite.
I used a magnetic closure to help keep the album closed. I used a ribbon and red buttons with a spiderman spider sticker on top to connect.





2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, this turned out really nice! Good jorb!

DICK! said...

Yes, I love it dearly! It lives in my office and I look at it frequently! Nicely done. Oh, and Spider-man is hyphenated.